Academic Interventions facilitate learning by providing students with techniques and strategies that, when put into practice, enhances their ability to learn more efficiently and effectively.
OUR ACADEMIC COACHING SESSIONS
We do not follow one standard programme to meet the academic needs of your child.
-Our Learning Coaches are well trained and experienced in designing and implementing carefully and well-thought-out, personalised instructional programmes to help your child improve in an area of need.
-The coaches define specific goals for each child and choose suitable teaching procedures to achieve these goals.
-We provide targeted interventions to suit specific learning challenges.
-We adapt and combine learning strategies and exercises from a wide range of tried and tested programs.
-We are continually updating our knowledge of what neuroscience is revealing about how the brain learns and implement it in our programs.
-Our coaching sessions are of one-hour duration and include free maths, reading and spelling tests to identify the child’s achievement level.
-We provide coaching during school, after school hours and during term holidays.
AREAS OF ACADEMIC INTERVENTIONS
Phonological Awareness: Letter-sound relationship and manipulation of sounds knowledge which are the pre skills necessary for reading and writing.
Reading: Letter-sound identification(Decoding), Sight word vocabulary, Reading fluency, accuracy and comprehension.
Writing: Sentence, paragraph and essay writing, grammar, and punctuation and vocabulary.
Maths: Number sense, basic facts, maths procedures, word problems.
Auditory and Visual processing exercises: Enhance the ability to process information more efficiently.
Executive functioning skills: Attention, working memory, planning and organisation.
Mindfulness exercises: Breathing, relaxation, self-confidence and self-awareness techniques.
3 - 13 years old (Y0 TO Y8)
Individual Sessions $70.00 p/p
Group sessions $45.00 p/p (Maximum of two students in a group session)
We provide a range of assessments to help identify your child’s learning, emotional and behavioural needs, which are carried out by qualified professionals. These assessments provide valuable information about the child’s strengths and struggles. Besides it gives the child an understanding as to why they are struggling despite their good efforts. It also gives them an opportunity to take control over their learning and their life with the right assistance.
WOODCOCK JOHNSON IV TEST (WJ IV)
The WJ IV is a cognitive-educational evaluation that you may want to consider if you suspect that your child is struggling at school. It provides valuable information about the underlying causes of their learning difficulties. The evaluation is followed by a comprehensive report with practical recommendations to support them in their area of need. This evaluation is used for:
- Diagnosis of Specific Learning Disorders - Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia.
- Identification of cognitive and academic strengths and weaknesses.
- Assessing the possibility for eligibility of special support services as well as obtaining Special Assessment conditions (SAC) for NCEA and university exams in terms of reader, writer, extra time, computer use and rest breaks.
5 to 99 years old
Child $700.00 p/p
Adult $850.00 p/p
BEERY BUKTENICA DEVELOPMENTAL TEST OF VISUAL MOTOR INTEGRATION (BEERY VMI)
Visual-motor integration is the ability to use our eyes and hands to work together in a smooth, organized and efficient way. It is referred to as eye-hand coordination and is required for all pencil-paper tasks. Deficits in Visual-Motor Integration can lead to learning, neuropsychological and behavioural problems.
If you notice that your child avoids or has difficulty with tasks such as cutting, colouring, letter formation, copying, tying shoelaces, or catching a ball, the Beery VMI can help explain why.
- It is a screening test for Visual-Motor Integration deficits.
- It provides us with important information on the development of a child’s visual and motor abilities. This is a backbone for many of your child’s day to day activities.
- The information can be used to provide targeted intervention to assist learning and increase participation and confidence in the everyday activities.
2 to 18 years old
$ 150 p/p
Auditory processing is the system that transfers and decodes what we hear into what we understand. These sounds must be received by the ear and then sent to the relevant parts of the brain to be analysed and acted upon. They hear the sounds but have difficulty understanding what the sound means. If your child has normal peripheral hearing but has poor listening skills, short auditory attention span and memory or difficulty understanding speech in the presence of background noise, the SCAN-C test can help explain why.
- It is a screening test for Auditory Processing Disorder.
- It evaluates auditory processing deficits, which can affect listening comprehension, oral expression and phonics development which can affect academic skills such as reading, writing, spelling and following instructions.
- The results can provide valuable information for further evaluation of the possibility of Auditory Processing Disorder (APD) by an audiologist.
5 to 12 years old
Ultimate Transformations is a Wellness and Education centre committed to the healthy all-round development of children. We specialize in teaching children to live to their true potential both at a personal and academic level by providing programs to meet their academic, physical and emotional needs. We also seek to engage and empower parents and teachers with support strategies. We are proud to be a division of the Ultimate Global Group.